Different ramblings about different subjects...

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Farewell, Falwell!

I was listening to the BBC Four radio news and I heard that Jerry Falwell has died - I think this is as good a cause for celebration as any. Some quotations from this great man:

"The abortionists have got to bear some burden for [9/11] because God will not be mocked. And when we destroy 40 million little innocent babies, we make God mad. I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians..."
"AIDS is the wrath of a just God against homosexuals." (If so, then God has remarkably bad aim.)
"The idea that religion and politics don't mix was invented by the Devil to keep Christians from running their own country."
"I hope I live to see the day when, as in the early days of our country, we won't have any public schools. The churches will have taken them over again and Christians will be running them." (And I'm glad you didn't live to see that. I hope I won't.)

A vocal supporter of the Apartheid regime, a strong opponent of Desmond Tutu recieving the Nobel Prize, a homophobe, a bigot, a creationist, a tax fraud, a hypocrite, a liar, a segragationist, a theocrat of the worst kind. Truly we have lost a prime example of the kind of person the world would be much, much better off without.

I'll break out the booze, it's celebration time.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Uh... I... uh... like... ...candy